Thursday, July 23, 2015

DIY Curtain Rod





Not satisfied with the curtain rod selection at your local department store? Me either! So I made my own! I used galvanized piping and fittings from Lowes. 

Bring your dimensions with you and an employee will cut the pipe to the exact size you need. I used a floor flange to attach the pipe to the wall which was super simple!

I also painted the pipes black. They will come in a sliver color but with spray paint, you can make them whatever color you want!








Materials: 
Spray paint (optional)
Piping (cut to size)
Two floor flanges
Two 90 degree elbow fittings
Two 3 in nipples to attach the elbow and flange together



Helpful Hint: Purchase your desired color of curtain clips on Amazon--much cheaper! Also, place the curtain hooks on the piping before mounting to the wall!


No comments:

Post a Comment